UNITED REPUBLIC OF TANZANIA
SOKOINE UNIVERSITY OF AGRICULTURE
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
CAPACITY BUILDING FOR SMART PARTNERSHIPS AMONG CENTRES OF SCIENCE EXCELLENCE IN A MODEL OF SOUTH-SOUTH COOPERATION
ENGAGEMENT OF A ONE HEALTH KNOWLEDGE MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST/CONSULTANT
PROJECT ID NO: G-Z1-IBO-ZZZ-002
- Sokoine University of Agriculture (SUA), for Southern African Centre for Infectious Disease Surveillance (SACIDS), has received financing from the African Development Bank towards Capacity Building for Smart Partnerships among Centres of Science Excellence in a Model of South-South Cooperation. The objective of this intervention is to establish an African One Health Forum. This forum would bring together experts and policy makers around key issues for reducing risks of infectious disease, including improved and coordinated disease surveillance, concerted research and cost-effective effective policy for management of endemic and epidemic diseases of regional importance, and improved regional capacity to deal rapidly and effectively with new disease outbreaks e.g. Ebola virus. SUA intends to apply part of the agreed amount for this grant to payments under the contract for engagement of a One Health Knowledge Management Specialist/Consultant.
- The services under this project include: undertaking studies and reviews on infectious disease burdens, factors that influence community vulnerability to infectious diseases and develop knowledge pool to underpin the work by the Communications Team towards developing the SACIDS website as the African One Health Knowledge Management pool and point of reference for one health; developing a comprehensive and interactive knowledge management strategy and plan, which seeks to respond to the demand for a multidimensional private sector-wide platform for agriculture.
- SUA now invites eligible individual consultants to indicate their interest in providing these services in line with the project deliverables and timelines. Interested consultants must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services (brochures, description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, availability of appropriate skills among staff, etc).
- Eligibility criteria, establishment of the short-list and the selection procedure shall be in accordance with the African Development Bank’s “Rules and Procedures for the use of Consultants” May 2008 revised July 2012, which is available on the Bank’s website at http://www.afdb.org.
- Interested consultants may obtain further information at the address below during office hours.
- Expressions of interest must be delivered to the address below by Tuesday 10th November 2015 at 02:00 hrs and mention “Engagement of a One Health Knowledge Management Specialist/Consultant for capacity building for smart partnerships among centres of science excellence in a model of South-South Cooperation”.
THE VICE CHANCELLOR,
SOKOINE UNIVERSITY OF AGRICULTURE,
P.O. BOX 3000,
Attention: Executive Director, SACIDS